Sunday Clean Up in Little Brook
Fifteen neighbors showed up from Lake City to lend a hand in providing a little TLC to the Little Brook neighborhood this last Sunday – August 20th. It was a fantastic showing, connections were made and nine bags of trash were collected. Thank you so much to all who participated.
Please join us on September 17th for the next Sunday Clean Up Check back a week ahead of time for location.
Applications Being Accepted for Little Brook Youth Core
The Little Brook Youth Corps (LBYC) empowers Lake City youth to take an active part in restoring Little Brook—a degraded creek that runs into the Thornton Creek Watershed. LBYC youth will gain 21st century soft skills, access green jobs pathways all while addressing community needs and improving their community.
• Students will work with and learn from leaders in the Lake City community (members of Thornton Creek Alliance, Lake City Neighborhood Alliance, Lake City Future First, Olympic Hills Greenways)
• Receive training from DIRT Corps (Duwamish Infrastructure Restoration Training Corps) in ecological restoration and human benefits of environmental improvements
• Access pathways to City government or private careers in environmentally-related careers
• Participate in service learning, civic engagement, team building and career readiness
• Present their work to the Lake City community in a summer Open House in Little Brook Park
• Receive a stipend of $700 for 40 hours of work and a pair of quality work/hiking bootsLocation: Little Brook Park
Dates: August 19th—August 26th & three days in late October (TBD)
Email to apply: LittleBrookYouthCorps@gmail.com
APPLY NOW! Deadline: Monday July 31
Youth ages 13-19 are eligible-Decisions by Aug.7th
Applications available at Lake City Library, Lake City Community Center, Jackson Park Tutoring Center, Meadowbrook Teen Center or download here: Application