Start a Business or Expand Your Current Business
RainWise Contractor Academy: A FREE Comprehensive Training
SPU is offering 48-hours of free training to help you become an independent contractor for Seattle’s RainWise
Program. RainWise contractors run their own businesses installing rain gardens and cisterns on private property in the
City of Seattle.
Selected applicants will receive 48-hours of intensive training over 12 weeks. Classes will be held remotely by computer
on two evenings per week starting in September. Class size is limited to 20 prospective contractors who will be trained in:
- Small business skills and managing the many demands of small business ownership
● Working with government agencies
● The RainWise Program – how it works for contractors and customers
● RainWise design, siting and construction of rain gardens and cisterns
● And much more!
Interested? You should meet the following requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
● Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
● Have a driver’s license and access to a vehicle
● Access and use a smartphone, tablet and/or computer
● Currently own or have experience working in a landscaping or contracting business, and are willing and able to
start your own business
● Be able to:
– Be licensed and bonded in Washington state
– Work outdoors in a variety of conditions
People of color, women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact Bob Spencer with questions: email@example.com or 206-684-4163
Apply by July 31st
at 5:00 p.m.: http://bit.ly/RainWiseAcademy
Selected applicants will be contacted for a phone interview in early August.
Program starts September 1, 2020 from 6-8pm and runs twice a week Tuesday/Thursday for 12 weeks