Literacy Source is hiring two AmeriCorps Members for the 2018-19 school year.
The two members will work with the instructional team to teach Citizenship classes and two ESOL classes.
The Members will:
- Manage caseload of students, conduct intake interviews and on-going testing, help students to establish a learning plan and class schedule, and connect students with learning opportunities to
- Plan and teach on-going classes focusing on English language, basic life skills, civics and citizenship, and basic digital literacy
- make progress in achieving their literacy and life skills goals
- Match students with individual tutors
- Provide direct lesson planning and instructional support to volunteer tutors
- Conduct outreach to increase community awareness of Literacy Source programs
This is a great position for someone with teaching experience who is interested in really developing their TESOL skills in a very supportive learning environment and is interested in working with refugees and immigrants. AmeriCorps members must be at least 18 years of age, US citizens or have permanent resident status, and be able to commit to full time service for 10.5 months from September 1, 2018– July 15, 2019.
The job description is also on our website: https://www.literacysource.
Interested individuals should apply on-line on the AmeriCorps website at:
For more information, contact Cat Howell at Literacy Source at 206.782.2050.