From the Lake City Living Memorial Triangle Volunteer Community Group
“We come together as caring neighbors in the face of senseless gun violence. In place of sadness, we create beauty. In place of death, we bring life.”
LCLMT is a volunteer group in the greater Lake City area organizing to create a memorial and beautification project after the multiple fatalities due to gun violence on March 27, 2019 at and around bus stop and the triangle of land at Sand Point Way NE and Bartlett Ave NE in Seattle, Washington.
Saturday March 28, Neighborhood Dedication:
11:00 am until about 12:30 pm
* 8 trees and many plants will have already been planted. They’ll be dedicated on this day.
* We will have a respectful and largely informal commemoration at the site for the 1-year anniversary of the violent events.
* Raul Sanchez will read his poem, created specifically for this project.
You could, if you liked, also join us in an earlier work party on Sunday March 8:
* Get trees and plants into the ground.
* Adding mulch and other similar tasks.
* 10:00 am until about 1:00 pm.
* Snacks and water to be provided.
If you use Nextdoor, please RSVP at: nextdoor.com/events/3510234
To learn more and/or to donate financially: